Let these 105 inspiring healthy lifestyle quotes from famous figures and everyday people alike uplift your spirits and inspire you to make positive changes towards a healthier and happier life.
Are you feeling stuck in a rut with your health and wellness routine? Are you struggling to find the motivation to make positive changes in your life? Sometimes, all it takes is a few words of wisdom to spark a transformation in your habits and attitudes towards health.
True health is a combination of so many things. It's much more than just eating healthy food and exercising.
To be truly healthy is to be physically and mentally in balance with ourselves and your environment. It's about raising your vibration to the highest level possible by cultivating healthy habits. I hope these healthy lifestyle quotes inspire you to live the healthiest and happiest life possible.
Top Tip: If you enjoy healthy lifestyle quotes, you'll probably also enjoy working with affirmations.
Every symptom has a story to tell about your life. A fascinating story, that can reveal the complex links between your body, mind, emotions and spirit.
~Kristina Turner, The Self-Healing Cookbook, 2002, originally published 1987
Taking Care Of Your Body & Healthy Eating
These healthy lifestyle quotes are about taking care of your body and healthy eating. I hope they inspire your wellness journey by providing motivation, guidance, and perspective. Use them to remind you that small changes in your habits and mindset can lead to big improvements in your physical and mental health. Reading these quotes regularly can help you to stay focused on your goals and remind you why self-care is so important.
- The first wealth is health. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
- A good laugh and a long sleep are the best cures in the doctor's book. ~Irish proverb
- For happy health, fuel yourself with dreams and greens. ~Terri Guillemets
- Life is not merely to be alive, but to be well. ~Martial
- Keeping your body healthy is an expression of gratitude to the whole cosmos — the trees, the clouds, everything. ~Thich Nhat Hanh
- In minds crammed with thoughts, organs clogged with toxins, and bodies stiffened with neglect, there is just no space for anything else. ~Alison Rose Levy, "An Ancient Cure for Modern Life," in Yoga Journal, 2002
- My own prescription for health is less paperwork and more running barefoot through the grass. ~Terri Guillemets
- The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, not to worry about the future, or not to anticipate troubles, but to live the present moment wisely and earnestly. ~ Siddartha Guatama Buddha
- A healthy outside starts from the inside. ~ Robert Urich
- I believe that the greatest gift you can give yourself and your family is a healthy you. ~ Joyce Meyer
- The doctor of the future will give no medication but will interest his patients in the care of the human frame, diet and in the cause and prevention of disease. ~ Thomas Edison
- If you keep good food in your fridge, you will eat good food. ~ Errick Mcadams
- Physical fitness is the first requisite of happiness. ~ Joseph Pilates
The power of love to change bodies is legendary, built into folklore, common sense, and everyday experience. Love moves the flesh, it pushes matter around. Throughout history, ‘tender loving care’ has uniformly been recognized as a valuable element in healing.Larry Dossey
Authenticity is a collection of choices that we have to make every day. It’s about the choice to show up and be real. The choice to be honest. The choice to let our true selves be seen.Brene Brown - The Gifts Of Imperfection
Healthy Lifestyle Quotes - Honesty And Integrity
These healthy lifestyle quotes are focused on living a life that's honest and meaningful. Quotes on honesty and integrity can inspire a healthy lifestyle by emphasizing the importance of being truthful and accountable to yourself and others. Let these quotes remind you that being honest with yourself about your habits and behaviors is crucial for making positive changes towards better health. Reading these quotes regularly can help you cultivate a sense of personal responsibility and integrity, and inspire you to make choices that align with your values and goals for wellness.
- No legacy is so rich as honesty. ~ William Shakespeare
- Honesty and transparency make you vulnerable. Be honest and transparent anyway. ~ Mother Theresa
- Never be afraid to raise your voice for honesty and truth and compassion against injustice and lying and greed. If people all over the world would do this, it would change the earth. ~ William Faulkner
- We are more powerful when we empower each other. ~ Anonymous
- Individually we are one drop. Together we are an ocean. ~ Ryunosuke Satoro
- The first step is, to be honest, and then to be noble. ~ William Churchill
- The real source of inner joy is to remain truthful and honest. ~ 14th Dalai Lama
- Honesty plus love will get you through most situations. ~ Naval Ravakant
The game is to be where you are. Be it honestly and as consciously as you know how.”Baba Ram Dass
They may forget your name. But they will never forget how you made them feel.Maya Angelou
Healthy Living Quotes - Compassion
Compassion is one of the keys to mental health. These quotes focus on the importance of cultivating compassion and empathy for all things:
- If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion. ~ Dalai Lama
- There is a nobility in compassion, a beauty in empathy, a grace in forgiveness. ~ John Connolly
- Compassion is at the heart of every little thing we do. It is the dearest quality we possess. Yet all too often it can be cast aside with consequences too tragic to speak of. To lose our compassion, we lose what it is to be human. ~ Anonymous
- Let our hearts be stretched out in compassion toward others, for everyone is walking his or her own difficult path. ~ Dieter F. Uchtdorf
- There never was any heart truly great and generous, that was not also tender and compassionate. ~ Robert Frost
- Compassion is a verb. ~ Thich Nhat Hanh
- Compassion is the wish to see others free from suffering. ~ Dalai Lama
Our task must be to free ourselves by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty.Albert Einstein
Self Love Quotes
Self-love quotes can inspire you to lead a healthier lifestyle by encouraging you to prioritize self-care. Reading these quotes regularly can inspire you to cultivate a more positive relationship with yourself, which can lead to greater motivation, confidence, and overall well-being.
- It's not only the most difficult thing to know one's self, but the most inconvenient. ~ Josh Billings
- Love yourself so much, that when someone treats you wrong, you recognize it. ~ Rena Rose
- The greatest step toward success is self confidence. The greatest builder of self confidence is self esteem, and self esteem comes from doing the daily things you know you should do. Your self esteem will start to soar when you make some critical decisions - decisions to walk a new road, to start a new direction, to start a new discipline. ~ Jim Rohn
- You yourself as much as anybody in the entire universe deserve love and affection. ~ Mahatma Gandhi
- Your worth consists in what you are and not in what you have. ~ Thomas Edison
- Your health is what you make of it. Everything you do and think either adds to the vitality, energy and spirit you possess or takes away from it. ~ Ann Wigmore
- To insure good health: Eat lightly, breathe deeply, live moderately, cultivate cheerfulness, and maintain an interest in life. ~ William Londen
- Nurturing yourself is not selfish - it is essential to your survival and well being. ~Renee Peterson Trudeau
- Remember that your real wealth can be measured not by what you have, but by what you are. ~ Napolean Hill
- Love yourself enough to live a healthy lifestyle. ~ Errick Mcadams
- Health is a state of complete harmony of the body, mind and spirit. When one is free from physical disabilities and mental distractions, the gates of the soul open. ~ B.K.S. Iyenger
Healthy Lifestyle Quotes On Holistic Living
Holistic living is all about having a healthy mind, body and soul. Health is so much more than the health of your physical body.
- The natural healing force within each of us is the greatest force in getting well. ~ Hippocrates
- Our bodies are our gardens – our wills are our gardeners. ~ William Shakespear
- Nourishing yourself in a way that helps you blossom in the direction you want to go is attainable, and you are worth the effort. ~ Deborah Day
- A healthy lifestyle not only changes your body, it changes your mind, your attitude, and your mood. ~ Anonymous
- Happiness is the highest form of health. The natural healing force within each of us is the greatest force in getting well. ~ Dalai Lama
- Health is not just the absence of disease. It is an inner joyfulness that should be ours all the time; a state of positive well-being. ~ Deepak Chopra
- Wellness is the complete integration of body, mind, and spirit - the realization that everything we do, think, feel, and believe has an effect on our state of well-being. ~ Greg Anderson
- A healthy outside starts from the inside. ~ Robert Urich
- The power of healing lies within ourselves; we just need to tap into it. ~ Anonymous
- To keep the body in good health is a duty... otherwise, we shall not be able to keep the mind strong and clear. ~ Buddha
Healthy Lifestyle Quotes On Forgiveness
Forgiveness is essential for a healthy lifestyle. Holding onto grudges and resentments can lead to chronic stress, which has a detrimental effect on both physical and mental well-being. If you're interested in incorporatig a forgiveness ritual into your daily practice, please have a look at this post: HO'OPONOPONO - A JOURNEY TO INNER FREEDOM.
- Forgiveness is the final form of love. ~ Reinhold Niebuhr
- The practice of forgiveness is our most important contribution to the healing of the world. ~ Marianne Williamson
- To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you. ~ Lewis B. Smedes
- Forgiveness is the key to action and freedom. ~ Katie Byron
- Forgiving does not erase the bitter past. A healed memory is not a deleted memory. Instead, forgiving what we cannot forget creates a new way to remember. We change the memory of our past into a hope for our future. ~ Lewis B. Smedes
- The truth is, unless you let go, unless you forgive yourself, unless you forgive the situation, unless you realize that the situation is over, you cannot move forward. ~ Steve Maraboli
- "Forgiveness is a gift you give yourself. ~ Tony Robbins
- When you forgive, you in no way change the past, but you sure do change the future. ~ Bernard Meltzer
- The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong. ~ Mahatma Gandhi
- Forgiveness is not about letting someone off the hook for their actions, but freeing yourself from the burden of resentment. ~ Joel Osteen
- To forgive is the highest, most beautiful form of love. In return, you will receive untold peace and happiness. ~ Robert Muller
- Forgiveness is not an event; it is a process. ~ Terry D. Hargrave
- Forgiveness is the key that unlocks the door of resentment and the handcuffs of hatred. ~ Corrie ten Boom
- Forgive others, not because they deserve forgiveness, but because you deserve peace. ~ Jonathan Lockwood Huie
- Without forgiveness, there's no future.
- Forgiveness is not an event; it is a process. ~ Desmond Tutu
- The present moment is the only moment available to us, and it is the door to all moments. ~ Thich Nhat Hanh
- Mindfulness is the key to unlock the door to our true selves. ~ Jon Kabat-Zinn
- In today's rush, we all think too much, seek too much, want too much, and forget about the joy of just being. ~ Eckhart Tolle
- Mindfulness is simply being aware of what is happening right now without wishing it were different; enjoying the pleasant without holding on when it changes (which it will); being with the unpleasant without fearing it will always be this way (which it won't). ~ James Baraz
- As you walk and eat and travel, be where you are. Otherwise, you will miss most of your life. ~ Buddha
- Mindfulness isn't difficult. We just need to remember to do it. ~ Sharon Salzberg
- Be present in all things and thankful for all things. ~ Maya Angelou
- The little things? The little moments? They aren't little. ~ Jon Kabat-Zinn
- Happiness is not something ready-made. It comes from your own actions. ~ Dalai Lama
- The quieter you become, the more you can hear. ~ Ram Dass
On Being Grateful
- Gratitude turns what we have into enough. ~ Anonymous
- Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues but the parent of all others. ~ Marcus Tullius Cicero
- Gratitude can transform common days into thanksgivings, turn routine jobs into joy, and change ordinary opportunities into blessings. ~ William Arthur Ward
- The more you practice gratitude, the more you see how much there is to be grateful for, and your life becomes an ongoing celebration of joy and happiness. ~ Joel Osteen
- Gratitude is a powerful catalyst for happiness. It's the spark that lights a fire of joy in your soul. ~ Amy Collette
- Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow. ~ Melody Beattie
- Gratitude is the sweetest thing in a seeker's life - in all human life. If there is gratitude in your heart, then there will be tremendous sweetness in your eyes. ~ Sri Chinmoy
- Gratitude is the fairest blossom which springs from the soul. ~ Henry Ward Beecher
- Gratitude is the wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk. ~ Rumi
- Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. ~ Melody Beattie
Healthy Lifestyle Quotes On Resilience
Resilience is the ability to bounce back from adversity, overcome challenges, and adapt positively to difficult situations. It's crucial aspect of maintaining mental and emotional well-being in the face of life's ups and downs.
- Resilience is accepting your new reality, even if it's less good than the one you had before. You can fight it, you can do nothing but scream about what you've lost, or you can accept that and try to put together something that's good. ~ Elizabeth Edwards
- The human capacity for burden is like bamboo - far more flexible than you'd ever believe at first glance. ~ Jodi Picoult
- Life doesn't get easier or more forgiving; we get stronger and more resilient. ~ Steve Maraboli
- Resilience is knowing that you are the only one that has the power and the responsibility to pick yourself up. ~ Mary Holloway
- You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it. ~ Margaret Thatcher
- Resilience is all about being able to overcome the unexpected. Sustainability is about survival. The goal of resilience is to thrive. ~ Jamais Cascio
- The oak fought the wind and was broken, the willow bent when it must and survived. ~ Robert Jordan
- The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it. ~ C.C. Scott
- Resilience isn't a single skill. It's a variety of skills and coping mechanisms. To bounce back from bumps in the road as well as failures, you should focus on emphasizing the positive. ~ Jean Chatzky
- The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." ~ Nelson Mandela
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are a few quotes about health that may inspire you:
1. "Health is a state of complete physical, mental, and social well-being, and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity." - World Health Organization
2. "The first wealth is health." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
3. "To keep the body in good health is a duty... otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear." - Buddha
4. "Happiness is the highest form of health." - Dalai Lama
5. "Physical fitness is not only one of the most important keys to a healthy body, it is the basis of dynamic and creative intellectual activity." - John F. Kennedy
6. "Keeping your body healthy is an expression of gratitude to the whole cosmos — the trees, the clouds, everything." ~Thich Nhat Hanh
7. "Health is the greatest possession. Contentment is the greatest treasure. Confidence is the greatest friend. Non-being is the greatest joy." - Lao Tzu
8. "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure." - Benjamin Franklin
9. "He who has health, has hope. And he who has hope, has everything." - Arabian Proverb
10."The greatest wealth is health." - Virgil
1. Eat nutrient dense foods that nourish your body.
2. Get regular exercise.
3. Practice gratitude.
4. Find time for stillness.
5. Stay hydrated.
6. Try to always remain positive.
7. Make friends with people who build you up.
8. Practice compassion.
9. Get adequate sleep.
10. Find time for self care.
You Might Enjoy These Posts
- The Ultimate High Fiber Food List - Printable
- 21 Heart Chakra Affirmations
- 21 Shadow Work Prompts For Growth And Healing
- The Ten Best Vegan Egg Replacers
- The Five Best Honey Substitutes
- 10 Easy Edamame Snacks
- How To Be Vegan On A Budget - Your 10-Step Guide
- Vegan Grocery List -(Printable PDF)
- Affirmations For Self Love That Will Build Self Worth