Throat chakra affirmations are powerful tools in your holistic wellness toolkit. The throat chakra is important because it governs your ability to communicate effectively with yourself and others. Unfortunately, this chakra can easily get blocked, leading to poor communication skills and blocked creativity. Affirmations can help restore the proper circulation of energy to this important chakra, helping you lead a more expressive and creative life.
Are you able to speak your truth clearly? Or, are you overcome with shyness and fear? Whatever your current relationship is with expressing your own truth, throat chakra affirmations can help you improve it.
Using positive affirmations can significantly improve your ability to communicate authentically. And, authentic communication leads to better relationships, and increased creativity!
The one who plants trees knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life.Rabindranath Tagore
What Is The Throat Chakra?
The throat chakra is the fifth chakra in the human body.It's located between the heart chakra and the third eye chakra. In Sanskrit it's known as the "vishuddha chakra," which translates to "especially pure." The color associated with this chakra is blue.
The throat chakra is all about communication and expression. Usually when we think of communication we think of social dialogue, but communication actually encompasses so much more. It also includes internal communication (how we talk to ourselves), as well as creativity (how we express ourselves.)
The throat chakra is an especially important chakra to work with if you find it anxiety provoking to express your truth. Opening and healing this chakra can help you communicate authentically, which can improve your relationship with yourself and others.
Symptoms Of A Blocked Throat Chakra
The following is a list of symptoms that may indicate a problem with your throat chakra. If you find that you are experiencing some of these symptoms, read on for throat chakra affirmations that well help you express yourself with clarity and authenticity.
- Fear of expressing your thoughts: Sometimes a blocked throat chakra manifests as a fear of expressing your thoughts. The cause of this blockage? Perhaps you tried to communicate effectively about an important issue, and suffered a disappointing outcome as a result.
- Finding it difficult to be honest with yourself or others: The ability to express your opinions honestly is one sign of a healthy throat chakra. If you find it difficult to own your own truth, or to communicate honestly with others, your throat chakra may be blocked.
- Using the "silent treatment" to control a narrative or another person: Silence is an important aspect of communication. Indeed, it's important to know when to be silent and when to speak. But, if you find you are using silence as a means to control or manipulate others, you may have a significant blockage to your throat chakra, or a blocked heart chakra.
- Inhibited Creativity: Creativity is the ability to express our internal truths beyond words. It's a very important mode of communication. When you think of a creative person, you might think of a painter, an actor or singer. While these are all forms of creativity, it's important to realize that creativity can manifest in many ways. For instance, it might be how you dress, how you speak, how you decorate your space or interesting things you collect. A creative block could be a sign that your throat chakra needs healing.
Owning our story and loving ourselves through that process is the bravest thing that we'll ever do.Brene Brown
Throat Chakra Affirmations
- My voice matters.
- I choose authenticity over perfection.
- I speak up for myself.
- I express myself with confidence.
- When I speak, I don't back away from speaking the truth.
- My voice is heard and appreciated.
- I live in my truth. I speak my truth.
- I have integrity.
- I avoid gossip.
- My voice is needed in the world.
- I talk with others, not about them.
- I hold myself accountable.
- I have the courage to say how I feel.
- I am worthy of being heard.
- The answer is always within me.
- I'm not afraid to stand in my truth.
- I resolve conflicts through open and honest communication.
- I express myself fearlessly.
- I trust my intuition.
Throat chakra affirmations can help you become a better communicator, which can have a significant impact on the quality of your life. Used regularly, these affirmations empower you and help you speak your truth with honesty and conviction. Lastly, if you're working on balancing your chakras, you might also enjoy working with essential oils.
Frequently Asked Questions
The throat chakra is the fifth chakra in the human body. In Sanskrit it's known as the "vishuddha chakra," which translates to "especially pure." The color associated with this chakra is blue. The throat chakra is an especially important chakra to work with if you find it anxiety provoking to express your truth. Opening and healing this chakra can help you communicate authentically, which can improve your relationship with yourself and others.
Each of the seven chakras has its own unique mantra sound. The throat chakra's mantra is "ham." To clear the throat chakra chant the word "ham" in a low tone of voice.
There's numerous ways to unblock the throat chakra. Here are a few suggestions:
1. Cant the word "ham." Ham is the mantra associated with the throat chakra.
2. Wear the color blue.
3. Use affirmations that are designed to work on the throat chakra.
4. Do neck rolls or yoga poses designed to aid the throat chakra.
5. Work with crystals such as Amazonite, aquamarine or lapis lazuli.
6. Express yourself in a journal.