This Just Egg omelette is the perfect vegan alternative to your standard egg omelette. Soft, fluffy and filled with sweet roasted cherry tomatoes and avocado, this vegan omelette rivals any I've ever tasted!
If you're looking for an easy vegan breakfast recipe that's on the table in 10 minutes, this Just Egg omelette is it.
Just Egg is a such a fantastic egg replacer. I've used it to make Just Egg Quiche and Just Egg French toast, and it never lets me down. If you've never tried it, read on for more info on the newest kid on the vegan block.
What Is Just Egg Made Of?
Just Egg is a pourable egg substitute that has the following ingredients listed on it's label:
Ingredients: Water, Mung Bean Protein Isolate, Expeller-Pressed Canola Oil, Contains less than 2% of Calcium Citrate, Enzyme, Gellan Gum, Natural Carrot Extractives (color), Natural Flavors, Natural Turmeric Extractives (color), Onion Puree, Salt, Soy Lecithin, Sugar, Tetrasodium Pyrophosphate, Preservatives (Nisin, Potassium Sorbate).
You'd be forgiven for believing that a plant based egg substitute isn't high in protein. In fact, a regular egg has 6 grams of protein, and Just Egg has 5 grams, so they're really quite similar. So, dig into your into your Just Egg omelette knowing that your protein needs are being met.
How To Make A Fluffy Just Egg Omelette
- Preheat your oven to 375° F (190° C). Line a small baking tray with parchment paper.
- Cut your cherry tomatoes in half and spread them out on a baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 8 minutes. We're aiming for soft and sweet cherry tomatoes, but not entirely collapsed.
Mix The Just Egg Omelette Ingredients
- Using a fork or a whisk mix the Just Egg with the flour and baking soda. Adding flour and baking soda will give your omelette that extra fluffy factor, so don't skip this step!
Cook The Just Egg Omelette
- Choose a non-stick saute pan that is 6-8 inches in diameter. If you're using a large saute pan, you'll need to add a bit more Just Egg to the mixture.
- Melt your vegan butter in the pan, tilting the pan to ensure that it's totally coated in butter.
- Lower the heat to its lowest setting and pour the Just Egg mixture into the pan. Wait until the edges of the omelette begin to solidify. Be patient, if you flip the omelette too soon it will crack.
- As soon as the edges begin to solidify, flip the omelette over with a spatula and allow the other side to cook for two minutes.
Add The Omelette Fillings
- Add the roasted cherry tomatoes and avocado to half of the omelette. Flip the other side over.
- Gently transfer your Just Egg omelette to a plate. Enjoy with my air fryer breakfast potatoes for the ultimate vegan breakfast!
Did You Make This Recipe?
Frequently Asked Questions
It depends on the filling that you use, but this omelette as 376 calories.
Yes, you can freeze Just Egg in it's bottle for up to 3 months. Defrost in the refrigerator before using. You can also freeze Just Egg omelettes, but don't freeze them with the filling in them.
Craving More Easy Vegan Breakfast Recipes?
Fluffy Just Egg Omelette With Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
For The Just Egg Omelette
- 1 teaspoon vegan butter
- ½ cup Just Egg
- 1 tablespoon flour
- ⅛ teaspoon baking powder
For The Filling
- 5 ounces cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- ½ avocado cut into wedges or cubes
- Preheat the oven to 375° F (190° C). Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and spread them out on a baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 8 minutes. You want them soft and sweet, but not entirely collapsed.
- In a small bowl, mix together the Just Egg, flour and baking powder.
- Heat the vegan butter in a 6-8 inch saute pan over very low heat. *See note 1. Pour the Just Egg mixture into the pan and tilt the pan to distribute it evenly. When the edges begin to solidify, run a spatula around the edges of the pan to prevent the omelette from sticking.
- Using a spatula, gently flip the omelette. Allow it to cook for several more minutes. Add the roasted cherry tomatoes, avocado and cilantro to half of the omelette and flip the opposite side over.
- This recipe is for a non-stick 6-8 inch saute pan. If you use a larger saute pan, you'll need to add slightly more Just Egg to mixture to prevent your omelette from being too thin.
- For a gluten free Just Egg omelette, replace the tablespoon of flour with your favorite gluten free flour.