If you've never tried air fryer bananas, you're in for a real treat! They're a wonderful snack on their own, but they can also be added to so many other things. This Banana Chia Tropical Smoothie gets its sweet caramel flavor from roasted bananas.
When bananas roast in the air fryer their natural starch converts to sugar, which means they get extra sweet, caramelized and gooey. I love to eat them on toast for breakfast, or as a topping for a big bowl of oatmeal.
Reasons You'll Love This Recipe
✅It only takes 10 minutes to make.
✅Because these bananas are cooked in the air fryer, this recipe is mess and hassle free.
✅This recipe is vegan and gluten free.
You only need 4 simple ingredients to make air fryer bananas.
- Bananas: Be sure to use a ripe banana. Ripe bananas are much sweeter than unripe bananas. If you use a banana that still has a green tinge to it's skin, your air fryer bananas will not be as sweet.
- Coconut Sugar: I used coconut sugar in this recipe, but if you can also use granulated sugar.
- Coconut Oil: Refined or unrefined coconut oil will both work in this recipe.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon is an optional spice, but I think it really adds an extra flavor boost.
How To Make Air Fryer Bananas
- Line your air fryer with parchment paper that has holes poked in it. Preheat it to 365° F (185° C ).
- Peel the bananas and slice them on the diagonal into ⅛ inch slices.
- In a small bowl, mix together the coconut sugar and cinnamon.
- Put them on a clean plate and brush with melted coconut oil.
- Sprinkle with the coconut sugar and cinnamon mixture.
- Spread the bananas out evenly in the basket of your air fryer and cook them for 5-7 minutes.
- Enjoy your air fryer bananas on toast, porridge, in smoothies or as the perfect topping for ice cream!
Did You Make This Recipe?
Download My Free Vegan Grocery List
Ready to getting your next shopping trip organized? I've put together a printable vegan shopping list that will help beginner vegans navigate the grocery store aisles.
Frequently Asked Questions
Air fried bananas are best eaten straight out of the air fryer, but if you happen to have leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days.
Yes, you can. Spread them out evenly on a parchment lined baking sheet. Freeze for two hours. Transfer them to a freezer safe container and freeze for up to six months. Frozen roasted bananas make a delicious addition to smoothies.
You Might Enjoy These Easy Vegan Recipes
Air Fryer Bananas
- 2 bananas peeled and cut into ⅛ inch slices
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Line the air fryer with parchment paper that has holes punched in it. Preheat to 365° F (185° C ).
- Peel the bananas and slice them on the diagonal into ⅛ inch slices. Mix the coconut sugar and cinnamon together in a small bowl.
- Transfer the bananas to a plate and brush with coconut oil. Sprinkle with coconut sugar and cinnamon mixture.
- Spread the banana slice out evenly in the basket of the air fryer. Cook for 5-7 minutes. *see note 2
- The nutritional information provided is for the bananas and does not include bread or toast.
- Some air fryers take longer to cook than others. Your bananas should be caramelized and bubbling on top.