This triple berry smoothie is made with almond milk and no bananas. It's the perfect creamy, satisfying breakfast or snack. And, it only takes 5 minutes to make this ultra healthy treat!
You might think it's difficult to make a creamy breakfast smoothie without using bananas or yogurt. But this berry smoothie recipe is here to prove you wrong.
Everyone loves a smoothie. One of my favorites is this avocado smoothie. Made correctly, a good smoothie is like a healthy gelato you can eat for breakfast (winning!). But, not everyone loves bananas or yogurt, and lots of smoothie recipes use exactly that to achieve a creamy consistency.
The secret to achieving that sought after creaminess, is to use the correct ration of frozen berries to almond milk. I'm going to show you how to make a cold, creamy berry smoothie with almond milk - no bananas in sight!
You'll Love This Smoothie If:
- You love berries (and who doesn't?)
- You want a vegan smoothie recipe that's healthy and easy to make on busy mornings.
- You don't like bananas, but still want a creamy smoothie
- You want a smoothie that has no yogurt in it.
- You're looking for a healthy breakfast smoothie that both kids and adults love.
- Frozen Raspberries: Frozen raspberries are what gives this smoothie a creamy consistency without using bananas.
- Blueberries: Choose fresh blueberries. You'll get the ideal consistency from a combination of fresh and frozen berries.
- Strawberries: Choose fresh strawberries for the creamiest berry smoothie.
- Almond Milk: I love the nutty taste of almond milk in smoothies, but if you have a nut allergy, feel free to use any plant based milk you prefer.
- All you need to do is put all your berries, almond milk and maple syrup in your blender and give it good blitz. Be sure to use the exact measurements given in the recipe is get the creamiest consistency possible.
- Enjoy the healthiest breakfast smoothie ever!
Did You Make This Recipe?
Download My Free Vegan Grocery List
Ready to getting your next shopping trip organized? I've put together a printable vegan shopping list that will help beginner vegans navigate the grocery store aisles.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, definitely...just be sure to keep the frozen fruit to almond milk ratio the same.
Each smoothie has only 91 calories!
Absolutely! You can use any plant based milk you prefer, or try making it with apple juice. Berry smoothies taste great with apple juice. You can omit the maple syrup if you use apple juice.
Craving More Vegan Breakfast Recipes?
Triple Berry Smoothie With Almond Milk (No Bananas)
- 1 cup raspberries frozen *see notes
- ½ cup strawberries fresh, sliced thinly
- ½ cup blueberries fresh
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and blitz until smooth and creamy.
- You can substitute any fruit for the frozen raspberries as long as you keep the measurements the same. For instance, you could use one cup of frozen strawberries, and ½ cup of fresh raspberries.