Vegan sausage gravy is so easy to make. Within 15 minutes you can be enjoying this creamy sage and sausage gravy over biscuits. Southern cooking at it's vegan finest!
During the week, my favorite vegan breakfasts are generally smoothies, freshly squeezed juice or overnight oats. But, on the weekends I like to go all out with pancakes or this vegan sausage gravy recipe.
This recipe is so hassle free, that it's totally possible to make it during the week. Or, make yourself a double batch on the weekend and pop it in the fridge for a quick vegan breakfast on the go.
How To Make Vegan Sausage Gravy
- In a non stick saute pan over medium heat, heat your vegan butter.
- Add your vegan sausage meat. I'm using The Vegetarian Butcher's vegan magic mince. Another good choice is Impossible vegan savory sausage mix. If you have a favorite vegan sausage brand feel free to use it here.
- Saute your vegan sausage until it's heated through, about 2-3 minutes.
- Now reduce the heat to low and sprinkle the flour over the vegan sausage.
- Pour the oat milk in, and stir until everything is well combined.
- Allow your gravy to simmer for about 5 minutes. During this time it will thicken.
- Remove from the heat and serve over toast or biscuits!
Of course the traditional way to enjoy vegan sausage gravy is over fluffy biscuits, but feel free to get creative. This gravy is delicious partnered with lots of dishes. Here's a few suggestions:
- Vegan sausage gravy is delicious over mashed potatoes.
- How about topping up your waffles?
- Go full Southern comfort and serve this gravy over my vegan fried chicken.
- Serve over grits.
- Make yourself some vegan bacon with my popular banana peel bacon recipe.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Download My Free Vegan Grocery List
Ready to getting your next shopping trip organized? I've put together a printable vegan shopping list that will help beginner vegans navigate the grocery store aisles.
Frequently Asked Questions
Absolutely! All you need to do is to substitute your preferred blend of gluten free flour in a 1:1 ratio for the flour in the recipe. Also, please check to make sure that there is no gluten in your vegan sausage mince.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days.
Yes, you can! Allow the gravy to cool fully, transfer it to an airtight container, and store for up to three months. Allow the gravy to defrost in the fridge.
Craving More Savory Vegan Breakfast Recipes?
Vegan Sausage Gravy
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 7 ounces vegan sausage crumble
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2½ cups oat milk
- 1 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- In a large saute pan over medium heat, heat the vegan butter. Cook the vegan sausage for 2-3 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the flour, oat milk and nutritional yeast. Stir until a thick gravy forms.
- Add the sage, salt and pepper and onion powder. Stir to combine. Serve over biscuits.
- To make this recipe gluten free, simply substitute your preferred blend of gluten free flour in a 1:1 ratio.
- Store vegan sausage gravy in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.