Air fryer waffle fries are a crispy, delicious snack that the whole family will love. Crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside, frozen waffle fries cooked in an air fryer are totally addictive!
So, you've made yourself a big delicious veggie burger or a side of vegan wings and you're looking for the perfect, easy side dish to serve with it? Look no further than air fryer waffle fries with a side of BBQ sauce.
I don't know about you, but waffle fries bring back memories of carnivals and state fairs for me. They're fries, but kicked up a notch! And, now that we all have air fryers, you can make these iconic treats without all the hassle and calories of cooking them in a deep fat fryer.
So, grab yourself a bag of frozen waffle fries, and get ready to treat yourself.
What Makes This Recipe So Good
✅You get to skip the mess of cooking your fries in a deep fat fryer. And, when you cook your waffle fries in an air fryer, they come out crisper than if you'd cooked them in the oven.
✅You can make your waffle fries "fully loaded" with vegan cheese, jalapenos and chopped veggies.
✅You can spice them up with taco seasoning, paprika, or garlic powder.
✅Waffle fries are kid approved!
How To Make Air Fryer Waffle Fries
It's so easy to make waffle fries in your air fryer. You don't need any vegetable oil. All you need is a bag of waffle fries and your air fryer!
- If your air fryer requires preheating, preheat it to 365 F (185 C).
- Put your frozen waffle fries in the air fryer. It's fine if they overlap, but how many you can cook in one batch will depend on the size of your air fryer. For the crispiest waffle fries, fry them in a single layer. You can mist them with a bit of vegetable oil if you want, but it's not necessary.
- Air fry your waffle fries for 12-15 minutes. At the half way point, give the basket a good shake.
- Season with salt and enjoy!
Here's some suggestions of my favorite dips and sauces to eat with your waffle fries:
Frequently Asked Questions
No, it's not necessary to use oil on frozen fries. They're already cooked in oil before they're frozen. Some people like to mist their fries with a bit of oil before air frying them for extra crispiness, but it's not necessary.
I recommend air frying your waffle fries for 12-15 minutes at 365F. Shake the air fryer basket at the half point.
For the crispiest fries, I recommend air frying them in a single layer. How many fries you can fit into your air fryer will depend on the size of your air fryer basket. It's fine if the fries are overlapping, but if you crowd the air fryer too much, you won't get evenly cooked, crispy fries.
Craving More Easy Vegan Air Fryer Recipes?
Air Fryer Waffle Fries
- 1 pound bag waffle fries
- salt to taste
- If your air fryer requires pre heating, preheat it to 365°F (185° C).
- Put your frozen waffle fries in the air fryer. It's fine if they overlap, but how many you can cook in one batch will depend on the size of your air fryer. For the crispiest waffle fries, fry them in a single layer.
- Air fry your waffle fries for 12-15 minutes. At the half way point, give the basket a good shake. *see note 1
- Season with salt and serve with your favorite dip!
- Cooking times will vary according to the kind of air fryer you have.
- Store leftover waffle fries in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days. Reheat in the air air fryer for 5 minutes at 365F.