Tik Tok baked oats have taken the internet by storm! And, with good reason- they strike that balance between being healthy enough to eat for breakfast, but indulgent enough to really enjoy (like a guilt free dessert!). Plus, they're super easy to make. Breakfast + dessert = need I say more?
I'm kind of obsessed with breakfasts that be meal prepped in advance. There's nothing better than waking up to a tasty, wholesome breakfast that requires no cooking, mess or dirty dishes.
Tik Tok baked oats tick all those boxes. Cook up a big batch, store them in the fridge and enjoy a slice (or two) every morning. They're even freezer friendly, so you can batch cook them ahead and freeze until you're ready to eat them. And what's better than a tasty freezer friendly breakfast?
I'm using blended oats in my recipe, which means all you need to do is throw the ingredients into your food processor or blender and pour them into a pan. Easy peasy and so delicious! And, did I mention that they're gluten free?
Ingredients You'll Need To Make This Recipe:
- Bananas: They need to be ripe, really ripe! The riper they are, the sweeter your baked oats will be.
- Chocolate Chips: I love the combination of banana and chocolate! Be sure to check that your chocolate chips are vegan friendly. If you do a lot of baking with chocolate, you can buy dairy free chocolate chips in bulk here.
- Rolled Oats: Choose rolled oats as opposed to steel cut or quick cook oats.
- Oat Milk: You can use any plant based milk you have on hand. I like the neutral taste of oat milk.
- Lemon juice: We're adding this to the oat milk to make a buttermilk.
- Baking Powder: Allows the baked oats to rise.
- Vanilla: As always, I suggest using the highest quality vanilla you can reasonably justify buying. I promise it will make a big difference to your baked goods.
- Cinnamon: Adds a warming note.
- Salt: A natural flavor enhancer.
How To Make Tik Tok Baked Oats:
Pour your oat milk (or other plant based milk) into a small bowl, add the lemon juice and leave to rest for 10 minutes. The milk will curdle slightly, which is what we want!
Put all the ingredients into your food processor or blender except the chocolate chips. Blend for a minute or two until everything is well combined.
Now stir in half your dairy free chocolate chips and sprinkle the remaining half over the top of the batter. Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes.
All Your Questions Answered:
Absolutely! If your bananas are ripe enough, they'll be amply sweet enough to allow for omitting the maple syrup. Just add 4 tablespoons of oat milk to make up for the liquid content in the recipe.
Sure! This is what I like to call a "template recipe." You can switch and swap ingredients to your hearts content as long as the banana/oats/oat milk ratio stays the same. A few variations that I've tried are swapping the chocolate chips out for blueberries or raspberries. You can also swirl in some jam or a bit of peanut butter.
Yep! Cut them into serving size pieces and freeze in reusable freezer bags for up to six months.
You can store Tik Tok baked oats in the fridge for 4-6 days.
Did You Make This Recipe?
If You Liked This Baked Oats Recipe, You Might Like These Breakfast Ideas:
Banana Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal
- 250 ml (1 cup) plant based milk *I used oat milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 200 grams (2 cups) rolled oats
- 2 bananas very ripe
- 4 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- chocolate chips
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 180 C (350 F).
- Place all of the ingredients except the chocolate chips into a blender or food processor and blend for one minute.
- Stir in the chocolate chips, reserving a handful for the sprinkling over the top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or when a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.