Garlic chili noodles are the ultimate 10 minute dinner. Thy can be made in the time it takes to boil pasta with ingredients you probably already have in your pantry. Serve them hot or cold for a spicy, garlicky dish everyone will love.
This chili noodles recipe is my new favorite noodle recipe. It's so easy to make, and it's better than the sum of it's ingredients (most of which you'll probably already have on hand).
If you're looking for an easy vegan dinner recipe, you'll love this dish! Treat your tastebuds to the ultimate Asian noodle dish, while saving yourself time in the kitchen with this simple recipe.
Reasons You'll Love This Recipe
✅Garlic chili noodles are additively delicious!
✅They only take 10 minutes to make.
✅They're vegan and dairy free, so suitable for allergy sufferers.
✅You can serve them hot or cold.
✅They can be made ahead.
How To Make Chili Noodles
Hint: It couldn't be simpler!
- Put your pasta on to boil. I used spaghetti, but any noodle will do. You can even use ramen noodles. Chili noodles are all about the sauce!
- While your noodles are cooking, start to prepare your garlic chili oil sauce.
Garlic Chili Oil Sauce
- Heat a neutral vegetable oil in a small saute pan.
- Add your chili flakes and saute for about 30 seconds.
- Add your garlic and saute for a further 30 seconds, being careful not to let the garlic burn.
- Take the pan off the heat and stir in the soy sauce and vinegar.
- Drain the noodles. If you'll be serving cold noodles, rinse them in a bit of cold water.
- Return the noodles to the saucepan and pour the sauce over them. Toss to combine.
- Distribute the chili noodles between bowls and garnish with chopped scallions.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Download My Free Vegan Grocery List
Ready to getting your next shopping trip organized? I've put together a printable vegan shopping list that will help beginner vegans navigate the grocery store aisles.
Frequently Asked Questions
Soybean oil, vegetable oil and peanut oil all work. It's best to use a neutral flavored oil.
You can use it in pasta, to dip bread in or drizzle into soups for a spicy kick.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Craving More Easy Vegan Dinner Recipes?
- 6 ounces spaghetti
- 4 tablespoons neutral oil
- 1 tablespoon chili pepper flakes
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Chinese black vinegar *or balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons scallions finely chopped
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packet. *See note 1
- Heat the oil in a small saute pan. Add the chili flakes and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add the garlic and saute for an additional 30 seconds. Take the pan off the heat and stir in the vinegar and soy sauce.
- Distribute the noodles between serving bowls, and garnish with scallions.
- To make this recipe gluten free, substitute gluten free noodles for the spaghetti and tamari for the soy sauce.