These vegan picnic ideas will help you put together the perfect outdoor get together. From where to host your picnic to what to pack, I've got you covered for the best picnic ever.
Is there anything that says summer more than a picnic? From casual get together with friends to a romantic picnic for two, pairing food and nature is always a winning combination.
Choose The Right Spot
Hosting a great vegan picnic isn't just about the food. It's important to find the right spot for your outdoor feast. Here's a few suggestions:
- The Beach: If you live near the coast, there's no better place to host a picnic. The sun and sea are the perfect setting for a your outdoor soiree. Bring a large blanket and your favorite bottle of vegan wine. Beach picnics are a great choice if you have kids on your invitation list too. They can build a sandcastle or search for shells while you relax and enjoy the scenery.
- Parks: Parks are an obvious choice. There's sure to be one near you. Be sure to set up under a big tree, so there's a shade if you need it.
- Your Own Backyard: The ideal spot for a family picnic is your own back yard. Set up a blanket and bring some cushions and board games out.
- Plan A Sunset Picnic: Sunset picnics are great date picnics. If you're looking for a romantic vibe, you can't beat a spot where you can watch the sun go down. Pack the bubbly and vegan charcuterie board. Don't forget to pack the candles or a lantern for after the sun goes down.
- An Indoor Picnic: Who says a picnic always needs to be outside? Set up the blankets and cushions in your dining room, and you'll never have to worry about getting rained out.
- A Vegan Picnic At A Lake: Lakes are always an ideal location for a picnic. Peaceful and serene, with a few large trees for shade is ideal. Be sure to scout your location ahead of time to see how it crowded it gets so you can plan accordingly.
What To Pack For Your Vegan Picnic
✅A large picnic blanket.
✅A cooler that's 25% ice and 75% food.
✅Sunscreen and a hat for sunny days.
✅Wet wipes, napkins or paper towel for sticky fingers.
✅Board games or a deck of cards.
✅A Frisbee or ring toss game for adults and kids.
✅A way to play music.
✅Disposable plates and flatware.