A wonderfully versatile, creamy vegan cheese sauce that only takes a few minutes to make. Use it as a topping for potatoes, pasta, pizza, enchiladas or as a solo dip. The options are endless!
- 1¼ cups raw, unsalted cashews soaked overnight *see notes
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¾ cup almond milk *or any other plant-based milk (or water)
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon English mustard
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1½ teaspoon sea salt or to taste
Soak the cashews overnight, or, if you have a high powered blender, for only two hours. Drain and rinse well.
Add the cashews and the rest of the ingredients to the blender and pulse until the vegan cheese sauce is smooth and creamy. Add more almond milk to thin as desired.
Calories: 171kcalCarbohydrates: 11gProtein: 7gFat: 12gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 7gSodium: 626mgPotassium: 269mgFiber: 2gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 35IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 49mgIron: 2mg