Easy Peanut Noodles
Easy Peanut Noodles can be served as a cold salad or a warm stir fry. They're creamy, salty and tangy and make the perfect easy midweek lunch or dinner.
- 225 grams (8 0z) egg-free noodles such as linguine, soba or udon
- 2 carrots grated
- 1 red pepper finely chopped
- 1 yellow pepper finely chopped
For the Peanut Sauce
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger peeled and finely chopped
- ½ cup (115 g) coconut milk (from a can)
- 3 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoon soy or tamari sauce
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (I used coconut sugar)
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
- 2 tablespoon sesame seeds black or white
- 3 spring onions (scallions) finely chopped
For The Peanut Sauce
Mince the garlic and chop the ginger.
Heat the oil in a medium sized saucepan and saute the garlic and ginger until they release their aromatics. Do not brown.
Add the coconut milk and heat for a minute or two.
Stir in the peanut butter and whisk until a creamy sauce forms.
Add the soy sauce, lime juice, water, sugar and sriracha sauce. Heat through and set aside.
Add the noodles to the sauce along with the reserved veg and gently stir to coat.
Garnish with sesame seeds, coriander and spring onions.