You'd never guess that this creamy celery soup is totally dairy free. Not only is it vegan, it's also low calorie and gluten free.
I can't get enough of this celery soup! It's so rich and creamy. It's the perfect Fall lunch or light dinner
You only need a few simple ingredients to make celery soup. And, it's so easy to make. Chop up all the ingredients, throw them in the pot, and this celery soup practically makes itself.
- Onion: Red onion is what I used. It's just a touch sweeter than a yellow onion, but you can use a yellow onion if that's what you have on hand.
- Olive Oil: Choose a good strong extra-virgin olive oil.
- Celery: Celery sweetens when it cooks. It's part of the trinity of most soup bases (onion, celery, carrots) for a reason.
- Potatoes: Potatoes, when pureed, are what give this vegan celery soup it's luscious creaminess.
- Garlic: Garlic gives this soup a bit of a bite.
- Thyme: Earthy, lemony thyme strikes the perfect note in this vegan soup.
- Salt: Salt enhances all the other flavors.
How To Make Vegan Celery Soup
- Heat you olive oil in a large pot.
- Saute your onions, garlic, celery, potatoes, and thyme. Saute for 10 minutes. Add a little water if the vegetables begin to stick.
- Add the vegetable broth and simmer for 15 minutes with the lid off.
- Using a stick blender (or a food processor), puree the soup.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and serve with bread.
Download My Free Vegan Grocery List
Ready to getting your next shopping trip organized? I've put together a printable vegan shopping list that will help beginner vegans navigate the grocery store aisles.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Frequently Asked Questions About This Recipe
Celery soup will stay fresh for 3-4 days.
Yes, you can! I recommend storing it in individual portions in an airtight container. Cool the soup completely before freezing. It will stay fresh in the freezer for up to six months.
If You Liked This Recipe, You Might Also Like:
Vegan Celery Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion onion finely diced
- 5 cups celery chopped
- 3 cups potatoes chopped
- 3 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot and saute the onion, garlic, celery, potatoes and thyme for 10 minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Using a stick blender, puree the soup.