Air fryer breakfast potatoes are home fries made easy! No mess, no fuss! They're much lower in fat and calories than oven roasted or shallow fried breakfast potatoes. And, they're just as crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. Plus, they only take about 15 minutes to make. Who's in?
Breakfast potatoes are my favorite thing to make in my air fryer. I've even been making proper diner style hash browns in my air fryer. These, however, are much simpler to make. They're so hassle free that you'll be making them in the morning before work.
All you need to do is dice up some potatoes. There's no need to peel or boil them. Season them, drizzle with a touch of olive oil and pop them in your air fryer. Home fries extraordinaire!
- Potatoes: Russet potatoes are the best choice. They crisp up more than waxier potatoes like red potatoes. Having said that, I've made this recipe with all kinds of potatoes, and it's fine to use whatever you have in your fridge.
- Red Onions: I love a little few extra veg with my breakfast potatoes. The onions and red peppers are optional. One of the great things about this recipe is that it's easily adaptable to what you have in your fridge.
- Red Pepper/Capsium: Adds a bit a sweetness and color.
- Olive Oil: We're just using a touch here to crisp up the potatoes. If you want to go oil free (or close to it), you can use a cooking oil spray. I've tried it, and they come out delicious.
- Garlic Powder: It's obvious, right? There's no home fries without garlic!
- Onion Powder: Onion powder has such a nice, funky umami taste. I highly recommend using it.
- Smoked Paprika: Adds a smoky, spicy flavor.
- Dried Parsley: Did you know that your taste buds can distinguish 5 flavors: salty, sweet, bitter and umami. Parsley is a "mild bitter." It enhances all the flavors around it.
- Salt And Pepper: Absolutely essential to great breakfast potatoes.
How To Make The Best Breakfast Potatoes In Your Air Fryer
- Using a sharp knife, dice your potatoes. The best way to do this is to cut the potatoes lengthwise, stack up the slices and cut them into cubes. There's no need to peel them.
- If you need to preheat your air fryer, do that now. We'll be cooking them at 375 F (190 C). Be sure to lightly grease the bottom of your air fryer. You can either brush the rack with olive oil or spray it with a cooking spray.
- Now toss the diced potatoes into a bowl, drizzle with olive oil and season with garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, dried parsley, salt and pepper. Be sure to mix to ensure all the potatoes are evenly coated in olive oil and spices.
- Tip the diced potatoes into your air fryer, spread them out evenly, and cook for 8 minutes. Flip them once at the half way point.
- At the 8 minute mark, add your onions and red peppers. Give the air fryer basket a shake and cook for a further 4-5 minutes.
- You're done! Serve and enjoy!
Did You Make This Recipe?
Frequently Asked Questions About This Recipe
You can! Spread them out on a parchment lined baking tray and freeze for at least four hours. Then, all you need to do is transfer them to an air tight container.
Usually this is the result of too much moisture. Don't rinse or soak the potatoes after they are diced. Also, another culprit could be that you've overcrowded the air fryer basket. Try to spread the potatoes out evenly.
They'll stay fresh for 3-5 days if stored properly. Either store them in a shallow, airtight container, or wrap them in foil.
If You Liked This Recipe, You Might Also Like:
Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes
- Red Pepper Red Pepper
- Red Onion Red Onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Brush the rack of your air fryer with oil. Preheat it to 375° F (190° C).
- Dice your potatoes. No need to peel them.
- Transfer the potatoes to a bowl. Drizzle with olive oil, and season with garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, dried parsley, salt and pepper.
- Tip the diced potatoes into air fryer, spreading them out evenly. Cook for 8 minutes, flipping the potatoes at the half way point.
- Add the diced red pepper and onion. Cook for a further 4-5 minutes.